🔮 I asked the Rhodochrosite stones if my mom and I were winning the lottery and you can’t believe these mofos flat out spelled “No.” #rhodochrosite #runes #occult #psychic #fortune #magic #esoteric #wicca #pagan #spirituality #paganism #witch #witchcraft #symbolism #oracle #thirdeye #sixthsense #divination #starseed #astrology #numerology #scrying #totem #lottery #no
Paint an old ceramic bowl with black acrylic paint and then apply a varnish over it to create your own scrying bowl for divinations. #Tarot #tarotcards #tarotreading #runes #occult #psychic #fortune #magic #esoteric #cartomancy #wicca #pagan #spirituality #paganism #witch #witchcraft #symbolism #riderwaite #oracle #thirdeye #sixthsense #divination #starseed #astrology #numerology #diy #painting #scrying
#Rhodochrosite is used for empowering one’s psychic abilities. It will make one more adept and natural with their third eye and all of its sensors. I’m using these beauties in my crystal stone tossing. You can achieve some of the most accurate readings from stone tossing by seeing images, words, symbols, animals, and impressions. Sometimes you’re unable to see what they’re trying to portray and you must feel the stones’ auras with your sense of #clairtengency and chakric touch. Did I mention I love the color salmon?
All things that I love: #geraniums, #rhodochrosite, #peridot, and #goldsheenobsidian charging in the full sun. I just got my Gold Sheen Obsidian today for $100. They’re made in Mexico and form only from lava. They are one of the most (if not the) strongest protective stones in the world. Rhodochrosite is used for powerful psychic abilities. I’m using them in my stone tossing!! Beds of Peridot on a meteorite-looking matrix— it spews #peace and #love and ancient #tranquility. #occult#magic#starseed#witchcraft#ritual#stars#soul#orion#indigo#lightworker#esoteric##psychic#ascension#chakra#crystals#pagan#wiccan#gardening#spring
Happy Vernal Equinox, everybody! May Spring usher in the change we’ve all been envisioning. Don’t settle for less this year. Only aim for the highest nebula of stars. Every single person who told you that you weren’t good enough, that you couldn’t, or that you would never make it— today, realize that they were wrong. With the Sun in Pisces and the Moon in Cancer, we push back blockages with a stampeding force of wisdom, material transcendence, concentration, willpower, and the strength of a mother in labor. This Vernal Equinox has fallen under Pisces, so let our new year be full of divinity, spirituality, and an intelligent, intuitive backbone. We are the genius we’ve been seeking, we only have to have the internal courage to push past our fears and succeed in shining waves of expressive color!
The double water astrology, along with the earth symbolism of Spring represents establishing the foundation for the passions which are most tender to us. Don’t let them be the fleeting thoughts that you belittle in yourself. Believe in yourself to have the highest strength to achieve anything you set your soul to! Today, enjoy friends, enjoy family, and enjoy the world. Be grateful for a new year, clean out your mental closets, clean your house, do some yard work if possible, and welcome in the positive spirits of Spring with ceremonial incense, such as Frankincense, Sage, Lavender, or Jasmine.
Happy Ostara, Eostre, Easter, Spring, Vernal Equinox, etc. :)
New Malachite Ring. In love. Thanks “Those Nature People” in Frankenmuth, MI and Mama Earth! #pagan#wiccan#witch#occult#esoteric#magic#mysticism#paganism#witchcraft#spellcraft#dream#altar#deity#psychic#tarot#malachite#spirit#metaphysical#lightworker#newage#oldage#celtic#egyptian#norse#greek#motherearth#crystals#metaphysical (at Those Nature People)
May Divine Source dip thine essence into this sacred circle and emanate outward from its conscious center by the attuned double terminated crystals to cleanse this land of all darkness and suffering. May the land be elevated to the highest of vibration to resonate with the miracle of Divine Cosmos. May all beings alive and deceased who suffer in agony be lifted to Supreme Love and Light— be healed! Até no be. #tarot#occult#magic#pleiades#starseed#witchcraft#ritual#stars#soul#orion#indigo#lightworker#universe#pastlife#spiritual#alien#arcturian#atlantian#lemuria#angels#esoteric#enlightenment#psychic#ascension#chakra#crystals
What I sent to this page and was flagged as spam. This page is posting spells and making a mockery of the neo-pagan/wiccan communities, as well as rootworkers and witches [who aren’t hellbent on ego].
“I hope you and your followers know morally that this is the corruption of Free Will.
If one was meant to do something or be something, magic doesn’t need to be made. That would defeat the purpose of Free Will and Destiny; it was meant to happen. We cannot alter the freedom of cosmos, but we attempt to influence it. Such still leaves room for Free Will to be exercised.
Teaching Dark Magic, especially involving Love, is dangerous, negligent, and irresponsible. A lot of you people need to learn a thing or two before you do witchcraft if you think these spells are appropriate.
You can’t use magic to interfere with one’s Free Will. To do so would be disrespectful, naïve, karmic, and immoral.
The fact that this page has 25,000 likes and is called “The Craft of The Wise” and is handing out silly spells (of Dark/Black Magic) to people who probably don’t know any better is highly alarming.
And to the people who flagged my original posts, shame on you. This page should be shut down if it keeps posting silly spells that will have some highly serious karmic repercussions.”
UPDATE: To make it very clear, I’m not Wiccan nor do I follow its rede because I would be Wiccan. I am a Neo-Pagan-based Mystic with a lot of other influences coming in. I would follow its rede by coincidence, as both the rede and my background concur on the Divine Principles of Justice. This post wasn’t meant to scold or dictate how people are supposed to conduct themselves as people should know right from wrong. Magic is metaphysical so often people forget that just because its beyond the physical, there are no rules or consequences. Yes, there are, no loop hole for you. If you stab someone, expect punishment. The same goes for magic. If you do dark magic, expect Karma to greet you. Karma isn’t a belief you can opt out of for immunity like a superstition. It’s a Universal Force which stills affects you just like how if you choose not to believe in gravity, it’ll still be there. You cant go around doing whatever you want and expect for it to be ok. That would be childish.
People should know by common sense that casting a spell to get revenge is the same as punching someone in the face. There are consequences to all of our actions. People with any common sense or morals should know that doing a love spell to make someone love you is the same as kidnapping them, tying that person to a chair, and never letting them go even though they don’t like you and have a desire to leve. If some of you don’t have a moral compass that is geared to Supreme/Divine Love, Karma, Free Will, and Justice, shame on you.
I have finally gotten around to creating several new pages which organize the bulk of Cedargrass’s Tumblr posts. They are divided up into main subjects with whichever applicable categories suit them.
Thanks also to all those who follow my blog and my facebook page! The support means a lot to me. Tumblr is more so my private page, believe it or not. Here is where I express even the obsessions of my soul. Tumblr is a great way for me to access my thoughts, organize my resources, connect with like-minded people, journal, and just catalog my soul journey. I also hope soon to follow more people, but it’s sometimes hard to reach out here.
Winter is nearly here and the depressive energies have begun to set in for a lot of people. This energy comes in annually for those who live in areas that are affected by the three or four seasons. In the four seasons, Winter is an energy which is that of stagnation, death, ending, pause, and hibernation. Although these energies are abundant, they are merely superficial, and deep within the earth a stirring rebirth is underway. This is often forgotten or hard to embrace during the cold months for many who suffer from Seasonal Depression and the like. Procrastination and a lack of motivation are almost instinctive around this time of year. To cope with this form of depression, sometimes meditation, positive affirmations, awareness of rebirth, adequate lighting to trick the mind to think it’s Summer, and hot baths just don’t do it. That extra oomph can only come from some down right authentic herbal magic and aromatherapy. Even those who are not affected by the seasonal depression can rejoice in this amazing motivation oil.
- Essential oil bottle with roll ball,
- Olive oil as base oil,
- Sea salt crystals,
- Piece of paper & sharpie to label oil,
- Essential oils: Orange, Lemon, Mint, Rosemary, Citronella,
- Herbs: Clove bud, Lavender bud, White tea leaf, Green tea leaf, Cedar leaflet, Damiana twig,
- Crystal beads of: Carnelian, Citrine, Fluorite, Clear quartz, Peridot,
- Tarot cards: The Chariot, The Sun, The King of Wands, and The Magician.
- Optional orange candle with the word ‘motivation’ going from the wick down.
Fill the glass bottle about 3/4 with olive oil. Add in 2 drops orange, 2 drops lemon, 1 drop mint, 1 drop rosemary, and 1 drop citronella. Add in each herb then each crystal. As you do them, speak out what you’d like for them to imbue you with each time you rub the oil on your forehead or area of the body. Wine is an optional drink which you’d use to toast and bring energy to the ritual of creation.
- Olive for foundation and the efficacy of all intentions known and unknown.
- Orange for cheerfulness, exuberance, joy, creativity, and motivation.
- Lemon for merriment, happiness, good mood, and personal positive energy.
- Mint for amplifying energy, consciousness, concentration, and proper attitude.
- Rosemary for remembrance, knowledge, and repelling unhealthy habits.
- Citronella for the connection to the summer sun and alertness.
- Cedar for guidance, protection from negativity discipline, and wisdom.
- Clove for brightness and preventing all forms of pain.
- White tea for purity, detoxing my body of bad hormones, and diligence.
- Green tea for energy and energy enhancement.
- Damiana for curing depression, passion, and tranquilizing peace.
- Lavender for healing, cleansing, and relaxing all moodiness.
- Salt for cleansing all herbs of negativity and myself.
- Carnelian for motivation, passion, hard work, labor, and creativity.
- Citrine for confidence, self-esteem, know-how, skill, and intellect.
- Fluorite for grounding out all headaches, stress, and enhancing memory.
- Clear quartz to generate and conduct energy, and to establish its flow.
- Peridot for intelligence awareness, deep understanding,and incredible energy reserves.
- Wine for abundance, knowledge, brilliance, efficiency, and desire.
- The Chariot - Strength, Victory, Willpower, Motivation, Power.
- The Sun - Energy, Masculinity, Vitality, Enlightenment, Confidence.
- King of Wands - Creativity, Inspiration, Passion, Assertion, Boldness, Charisma.
- The Magician - Manifestation, Action, Concentration, Knowledge, Power.
After you’ve added it all together, give it three soft up-down shakes (to symbolize creation), and place the tarot cards in front of the finished product. These cards are to bring in the necessary manifested identities which you’ll wish to embody. Pray to these cards and imagine their identities becoming the oil. Put the oil blend on an altar in a cauldron or a place to ground out, become created, and sit to exist and become. Rub this oil on your forehead each morning, or your wrists if you’re using your hands. Put it wherever you desire.
On my parchment paper label, I actually cut out on one side several alternating triangles so that when I put the label on the bottle, it looked like a crown to symbolize the King of Wands’ crown.
- Mortar and Pestle
- Sea salt
- Sage (Salvia Officinalis)
- Lavender buds (Lavandula Officinalis)
- Cedar leaves (Cedrus)
- “Seeds of Love” (African resin)
- Strawberry leaves (Fragari x Ananasa)
- Spearmint oil (Mentha Spicata)
- Patchouli oil (Pogostemon cablin)
Grind it all up and enjoy! It will smell very, very, very delicious and pleasant. The “seeds of love” is unfortunately something I cannot explain much as it was a special resin that I bought from a local store who claimed it was an African herb composite that women would toss into the flames to make their bodies fertile for childbearing. This symbolism is powerful in manifestation. If you cannot find these, add in some amazing patchouli oil or leaves!
Wish Powder is used universally for all magical intentions in prayer, healing, gift receiving, giving, hoping, and manifestation. Sprinkle some over a threshold to allow good spirits in, burn some in a cauldron with cinnamon to get that job, carry some with you for good luck, or add it to a bath to enjoy profound healing. It’s all limitless.
Took a long hot bath to just cleanse, ground out my entire mind, body, spirit, and soul, and to know full relaxation. I drew the hot water and tossed in some sea salt, orange, lemon, lavender, clove, and pine essential oils, candles all over, in silence to allow higher self and cosmic awareness to be witnessed, and a hot herbal tea made of rooibos chai, lavender buds, and geranium flowers (spiritual cleansing and detoxing) in a silver-plated pot. I set up a mini bath altar consisting of an Ankh bone fetish, snowflake obsidian crystal, a quartz crystal, Madagascar carnelian, and a 65-million-year-old ammonite half on an agate disk. In addition to the bath altar, I set up a tarot altar using specific cards which held their own spiritual symbolism. This tarot altar was set up to act as the underlying goal at hand for my cleansing; it was a directing consciousness.
As I sipped the tea, I allowed my vessel to cleanse, relax, reconnect, and absorb all the energies of the altars, the water, and the soul of the candles. This ceremonial process allows me to drink of the cleansing brew, its consciousness becoming one with mine, its consciousness cleansing mine, and allowing my body to expel of all stresses through urination and skin detoxification. The silence allowed me to cease inner and outer chatter and thus reconnect with cosmic awareness, allowing my chakras to open, and so that I could witness my consciousness and all consciousness around. When you allow yourself to slow down, be still, and rest a while in this type of rejuvenating vessel, this gracious water which will take of your consciousness and heal your being, you are reconnected to great spirit, you are humbled, and you are free of all material and immaterial baggage. You just exist and you are well.
After the bath, I’m always left pensive, and in the winter time, I love to open my front door and sit in my towel with the freezing air rushing over my body. This seems to fill me with aliveness and power, the endurance of transitioning from extreme hot to extreme cold. Sometimes I like to change the tea and the ceremonies, like with using crystal wands or not, and to what oils I’ll choose and for what purposes, also what crystals I’ll use or what music I might like to enjoy.
Also, after my bath, I got out and went immediately to my phone and turned it on to see that it was 2:22am. :) I know that I was heard, I have been cleansed, and in my sleep, I will heal even more, and wake up full charged. Thank you, thank you, thank you great god, goddess, sun, moon, earth, higher self, and cosmos.
Meanings and Properties
- Water: A primary element, she represents the ability to feel and to heal. By simply submerging oneself in water, you are healed and cleansed much like how we put our crystals in running water. The water will collect energy and take it with it, typically cleansing old stagnant energies.
- Sea Salt: Protection from Mother Earth herself
- Orange Oil: Uplifting the spirit and inserting the happiness of the sun himself into your body and filling you with positive, extroverted consciousness.
- Lemon Oil: Embracing the world for what it is but also remembering that you are the master of your own universe, you are the magician, so go forth and create what lines up with your greater efforts.
- Clove Oil: Establishing a habit of systematic relaxation and finding the bliss even when in emotionally high situations.
- Lavender Oil: Full relaxation, love, bliss, harmony, protection, grace.
- Pine Oil: Consecrating, blessing, purifying, and sanctifying all energy and beings. It purges the aura and replaces it with mystical consciousness.
- Candles: To illuminate you on your path of healing and to provide a natural light for optimum connection and ambiance which is best for healing.
- Rooibos Chai: Very inviting, zappy energy which electrifies the body and instigates the inner chakras to come together into awareness and become jolly and active in the best expression. I’ve also found the energy of Rooibos to be calm yet stinging with power. When the cinnamon/spicy flavors meet, it becomes a spitfire for positive intention.
- Lavender Buds: Same of lavender oil, the buds in a tea bring out the subtle, gentle aspect of lavender, whereas I’ve found the oil can be dominant and aggressive when it comes to purifying out negative forces. An infusion from lavender buds is best for internal cleansing, oils always for external cleansing.
- Geranium Petals: My favorite, Geranium is the most rewarding, giving, subtle energy of all. It is an energy for friendship, health, true love, true romance, and all things benign. It is not a violent or aggressive plant at all, but it can easily become aggressive when its stems are used in rootwork. Geranium is an androgynous energy in my experience and it shifts with pure harmony and ease to suit the intention and synthesize naturally for your energy type. In a tea, it will easily invigorate you with joy.
- Silver: Protecting the tea from dark forces, enhancing all magic and mysticism, conductor of energy and assurance of divine working. Silver is a very traditionally spiritual metal used by all magicians and practitioners because of its association to the moon.
- Agate Disk: Utmost grounding, the agate disk is customary to place other vessels upon it for working, and best used as an altar foundation as its energy builds, creates, manifests, and brings in unity, balance, and prosperity.
- Ankh: An ancient conduit of energy/consciousness, of earth and cosmos, mundane and mystical. The Ankh is the vehicle and engine for all magical working and mysticism. It is there to protect, create, and dismantle all forces that do not line up with your efforts.
- Carnelian: A stone of creativity and emotional healing. It relates with the sacral chakra, so it helps to ease emotional turmoil so that you can reconnect and ground. Cleansing of the aura and aura of all beings.
- Snowflake Obsidian: One of my personal favorites next to Smokey Quartz, which whereas smokey is a more an aggressive stone, this obsidian is more of an airy, fluffy, jolly stone. It is a very grounding stone, forcing a path from the root to the deep earth, as it relies on its volcanic origins. Obsidian has its place in history as being a rough, feared yet respected energy, but for me, it’s quite opposite once you begin dedicating yourself to working with its energy. It’s very rewarding and allows energy to be immediately recycled and transmuted, which is why it’s very powerful for protection because most energies won’t go near it as it is very unforgiving. It also has the yin/yang symbolism of the white and black and is a stone of equilibrium.
- Ammonite: Stability, love, relaxation, root chakra, protection. The ammonite communes with the carnelian, Ankh, and other stones to allow for the immense healing of all past, trauma, stress, and emotions which do not line up with your greater good.
- Hematite Ring: For grounding, earth connection, and relaxation. Hematite will also help get the blood going, so with the heat from the bath, it’ll help your body to detox physical toxins and spiritual dis-ease.
- Valerian Root Capsule: Relaxation, Purging harmful/rotten energy. I took a valerian root capsule (1000mg, extra strength) for not only relaxing me and initiating drowsiness and to slow my over-active mind, but to ward off all unwanted energies in my body and to help assist the tea in better spiritually detoxing my body.
- Praying To Water: Gratitude is the highest form of vibration on earth, so it is expected to show your gratitude by praying to the water. This is to be done as the water is drawing and while it is draining. Thank the vessel for taking your ailments, rejuvenating you, and replacing negativity with warm love and positivity.
- Bath Offering: It’s respectful to share your tea with the water in gratitude for its services.
- Urination: It’s a weird aspect to the bath, but allow yourself to release all inner dis-ease and stress from your body in this manner. Allow your body to detox these energies and allow the oils, crystals, and water to soak up that energy and ground it deep into Earth, it is not in your body anymore, it’s not in the water, it’s gone, cleansed, and transmuted into positive energy.
- Quartz Crystal Wand: Consecrating water and entire room for healing. Weave a circle and/or insert seals, symbols, and thought forms as enhancements.
- Black Tourmaline Wand: Grounding almost immediately all negative/unwanted forces and energies which do not line up with your efforts and greater good. It recycles into the earth all negative emotions and energies in a space and then establishes a void space where you then insert positive energy. Will clear out anger and hatred from an area, even bad spirits.
- Tarot Cards I: Devil Reversed with black tourmaline on it to represent spiritual over material for full grounding and healing the ego body.
- Tarot Cards II: Knight of Cups, The Fool, Death, The Sun, The Moon, Temperance, The World, The High Priestess, The Star, Ace of Cups, and The Hermit: The main underlying consciousness here with the tarot altar was to ensure the elimination of all stressful emotions/energies working against me in my abilities to know, to transcend, to change positively, to focus in general, to ground, and to manifest into my life what I believe is my greater good with all my personal struggles in home, career, life, love, and more.
- Tarot Cards III: You can also bring out The Empress card if you’d like to invoke Mother Earth herself into your bath if you feel her presence is necessary for whatever intended purpose. She as our great mother is always grateful to connect with us in ways such as this ,as it shows our love and dedication, and the warm bath and her invocation reminds us of the womb of our own familial mother who carried us. This awareness provides for the best healing.
This is a very old form of magic, which works great for solidifying love or attracting love. Nevertheless, it will be protected and filled with your intentions.
- 3-6 oz Glass jar or bottle,
- White Sea salt,
- Basil & Parsley leaves,
- Garlic husks,
- Cactus soil,
- 4 Cactus barbs,
- Lavender flower buds,
- Rosemary essential oil,
- Peppermint essential oil,
- Geranium Rose essential oil,
- Cedarwood essential oil,
- Clary Sage essential oil,
- Ground Cloves and Cinnamon,
- Rosemary leaves,
- Sugar of any type,
- Rose Geranium petals,
- Optional spit/hair of each person,
- Optional paper,
- Red wine,
Take all of the ingredients and add them from the bottom up, so start at the sea salt. There should be sedimentary layers of each ingredient, the essential oils will be on top of the lavender buds. The sedimentary layers will symbolize the unique components of the two of you that make you who you are as individuals. Each ingredient has a specific symbolism for the magic, for instance:
Sea Salt as a protected/stable foundation, Cactus barbs for defense (four corners of the globe, directions), Sugar for attracting in positivity and love, Rosemary for repelling negative/harmful forces, Rose Geranium for fondness, friendship, and true love, Garlic husks for overcoming all obstacles, Each person’s spit symbolizing each person’s essence, Hair symbolizing longevity in love, Essential Oils symbolizing their own meanings and acting as the breath of life to bring the bottle to life, Wine acting as the cosmic binding glue that unifies two beings into togetherness of heart, love, life, and destiny.
The optional paper additive, some words of caution:
Names can only go on the paper for those who are bound by marriage, handfasting, or long-term relationships, etc as putting a name builds an artificial bond that can be seen as manipulative of a person’s free will, which is actually considered to be dark/black magic. If you are seeking to attract love, write “Love,” and write out tons of qualities in a person you desire with no names. If you’re already with someone, have that person write their name on the paper in symbolism of their choice of free will and you write yours.
At any time for any reason, perform an uncrossing on the bottle while its left open to allow the energies to dissipate and then burn/bury all ingredients, asking mother earth to take of the energy and dismantle the workings you have done.
- Briefly explain the primary focus for direction/clarity
- Create a spread by asking your own questions
- Write the cards out and briefly define keywords
- Interpret intuitively, logically, or psycho-analytically
- Attempt to cross-reference for deeper meanings
- Focus on any Major Arcana for overall reference
I got a new job this past week and my primary focus was about how well the coworkers and I are going to get along, about the job itself for my future, about how it will be conducive to my long-term goals, and any other side-related concerns.
- How was my first day over all?
- Andrew’s view of me?
- Jenny’s view of me?
- Brian’s view of me?
- Will these views prevent me from working here?
- How will tomorrow be?
- Will the training information come in easily?
- How will working here change me for the better?
- Will working here change me for the worse?
- Is college in line with me saving up?
- Should I get a bank account?
For those instances where someone is giving you the stink eye or purposefully throwing jinxes at you to cause unneeded failures and issues in your life out of retaliation, revenge, or ego.
- In your mind, immediately cast a circle calling on north, south, east, and west, invoking mother earth to protect from below and father sky to protect from above. Visualize this in your head within seconds. Call in your angels, guides, a witches bottle, higher self, protective amulets, and/or any other beings/things. Call on a deity of choice, I chose Goddess Isis. Chant aloud or within, I pray for peace, protection, joy and serenity.” Say to them this chant and after, thank the directions and patron gods.
Your jinxing will not work. I wish peace on you, lost one. Your words are nothing. Let all jinxing/evil go deep into earth. Let all jinxing/evil go deep into earth. Let all jinxing/evil go deep into earth. Good bye. Good bye. Good bye.
- Spit left and right walking backwards whispering three times, “Protect me, I uncross.”
- If in person, with your eyes, meet their glance and imagine them surrounded in a wall of bricks unable to cast any energies at you. Imagine their jinxes as cords latching onto you and cut them in half. Imagine yourself surrounded in a barrier of white light and anything or anyone else around you who might be affected.
- Bind the person immediately by imagining their energy and cutting it off from you by envisioning the great wall of china between the two of you. Any energy they send at you that is malicious, it will bounce off the wall back onto their side.
- Will yourself to expose their jinxing, assure them it won’t work. Call on your guardians or amulets of protection loudly and boldly disengage them.
- Immediately bind and protect yourself from them by encasing them in ChoKuRei symbols and imagine a chain connected to their ankles to the earth and tall pine trees rising up around them to completely block them in.
- Point a mirror at yourself and then direct it away from you, saying a protective prayer or uncrossing chant. Imagine the person jinxing you is in the mirror. The jinx will be bounced at them.
- Take a shower and encase yourself in so much dense light no jinxes could get through the filter. Always clean and shower after being jinxed using lavender soap.
- Will yourself to disengage the crossing/jinxing as it’s happening. You can spit left and right or throw salt at their feet.
Always finish with a follow up later that evening using a black candle scented or anointed with cinnamon, frankincense, cloves, sage, pine, cedar, aloe, dragon’s blood, or any other exorcising/uncrossing herbs.
- Write on a piece of paper your intentions, a name or group, and draw all protective symbols and seals you know. Draw a cross on the back of the paper, putting exes through it, rip the paper half way. Place this under the candle and let it burn down fully.