Paint an old ceramic bowl with black acrylic paint and then apply a varnish over it to create your own scrying bowl for divinations. #Tarot #tarotcards #tarotreading #runes #occult #psychic #fortune #magic #esoteric #cartomancy #wicca #pagan #spirituality #paganism #witch #witchcraft #symbolism #riderwaite #oracle #thirdeye #sixthsense #divination #starseed #astrology #numerology #diy #painting #scrying
This book is going to offer a very refreshing point of view on the Tarot that many already know, as well as serve as teaching the basics to novices who are currently learning. It’s jam-packed with already so much information, and will then delve into how to read the cards through four different chapters that offer the many ways Tarot is used in life, and also my way of reading using psychic shorthand and linguistics. The major tone of the book is from an informative, highly spiritual point of view. Being a pagan-based mystic myself for about a decade now, with some professional and much solitary experience, I think the book will showcase the lifestyle of one who uses Tarot as a tool for maintaining a spiritual lifestyle.
Please share and join my page, Cedargrass Oracle, for support and networking! :)
I am actually publishing The Fool’s journey as a chapter in my book on maintaining a spiritual lifestyle/connection using Divination, with a strong Tarot focus. I wasn’t sure where to post an excerpt, but now is the time, I guess! I decided to post it here.
Each card in each pyramid corresponds to a flow of past -> present -> future. Each group also corresponds to that flow. Within each pyramid, there is a beginning, middle, and end. The spread is read like a story going from the true beginning to all else. The minor stops along the journey are sometimes the most important parts.
This also relates to how there is a perspective to every story. Two sides and a third voice. All the left cards are A, all the right cards are B, and all the middle cards are C. A and B can be two sides of an argument or situation. B is the querent and A is the other side, which A is read first for objective awareness. C is the truth or true objectivity of both sides.
Q: What do I need to know about my romantic relationship?
Past— There is a major need to let something go. In the relationship, it’s toxic and there is a definite awareness now that it can no longer work out. Separation is imminent. With this person, be aware of what compromises you make to make others happier— you too deserve to be happy.
Present— There is a bittersweet madness for your struggles. There is much arguing and assuming on both sides of a situation. There is no reward in fighting, only frustrated heads and broken hearts. The best thing to do right now is to let things go more easily and refrain from arguing. You enjoy being right, but in the end, where does that get you but a shattered relationship?
Future— In there end, your happiness is the most important. You have to live for you, no one else, no matter the attachment. If a relationship is toxic, do your best to leave it behind. You’re only hurting yourself and bringing down the quality of your life. The time to move on is now, if ever. In the future, you’re going to be left with loneliness and yearning sorrow if you stay in the relationship.
Challenge— Determine how each card was interpreted in each pyramid grouping. Every card played a factor in what each paragraph stated. Try to determine where each sentence was derived from which card or cards.
Disclaimer— Not a question for myself or anyone— just an example.
Babbling: I’ve once written a book during NaNoWriMo just to prove to myself that I could actually write a 50,000 word novel. Given the fact that I’m always writing, everything being 500 to 2-4k on average, I’ve probably written 500k in my lifetime, probably at least 100k in emails, 200k role playing, and large amounts in game logs, and IM conversations over the years.
It is such a blessing to have realized that over the past year, all of my blogging and personal writing has accumulated some astonishing 23,000 words relevant to Tarot that I can just alter slightly and expound upon. It’s as if I was intuitively writing this book in sections over the past year without realizing it. Thank you, Tumblr. It’s truly a blessing. 23k is roughly 70 pages if it were are 5” x 8” book with 12 point Times New Roman font.
I am diligently motivated!! And this pseudo-vernal equinox today has provided me with enough energy to work all the way through to the real vernal equinox of March 20, at least! MUCH LOVE. Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna ♥
Objective: Write a book on Tarot Cards that should anybody pick the book up, veteran or neophyte, one will have learned something or will use the book for its resourcefulness. This book will be skimp on the history because I want it to be practical. Who wants a boring history lesson? There are plenty of articles online about Pamela Colman Smith and A. E. Waite. There are also plenty of articles regarding Tarot’s involvement in pop culture as well.
Llewellyn’s Author Guidelines:
- Cover letter containing a brief description of the project and the contents of the package.
- An outline and/or annotated table of contents.
- A description of the intended market as it pertains to the subject matter including an explanation of why someone would want to buy the book.
- Include a list of known competing titles and how yours differs.
- Brief summary of the author’s background and credentials in light of the subject matter.
- A full manuscript, if completed.
- In the case of a proposal, at least three sample chapters.
- Submissions must be in English, double-spaced with 1-inch margins in 12-point type.
- Please number the pages and include a table of contents.
- Complete permissions and citations. For more information click here (PDF 28K)
- Total word count for the proposed manuscript.
- Your complete daytime contact information including telephone and email.
Some things I’ll be writing about, but this isn’t all.
- Autobiography of Author
- What is Divination & Cartomancy?
- Ethics & Principles
- The Language of Symbolism
- The Fool’s Journey
- Medieval Symbolism
- Major Arcana Overview
- Minor Arcana Overview
- Using Reversals
- Third Eye Preparations
- Reading the Cards
- Popular Arcana Interpretations
- Psychic Shorthand
- Card Spreads
- Correspondence Charts
- Mundane Applications
- Tarot as a Lifestyle
- Self-Analysis & Psychotherapy
- Tarot Professionalism
- Major Divination Forms
- Occult Background
- Dangers of Tarot & Divination
- Other Resources
Used the Chakra Assessment spread on the night of the Leonine moon that just passed. Really got some great personal hope and reassurance as well as figuring out how my sacral chakra is related to causing my winter blues.
Crown- The Devil, The Sun, Kp⇓, 6c
A deep desire to push past my issues and work towards Higher Self awareness. Enlightenment from the Sun is only as far away as the person who doesn’t see that small steps are also enlightenment, even if in small doses, it is still being achieved. Never forget that. I have to allow myself to grow into my identity more through understanding how to defeat the addictions of the devil, such as recurring sorrow. Be the righteous king of your domain, Capricorn. I have my world at my finger tips, I need only push past my sorrows and suffering and come into the light of my inner happiness. I could gain a lot of growth (in the form of psychological underpinnings that are acting as the Devil card) if I would reunite the past selves who are still hurting with the self I am in the present. Be love and rejoice in your life. you will always sorrow, but never deny the heart, it is healing— never let the storms of your heart take away the beauty of the sea it travels upon.
Here is a thorough Example Spread on how I interpret the cards.
- Consciousness- understanding, knowing, wisdom, enlightenment, divine.
- Mind/Psyche- psychic, perceiving, visualization, imagine, sixth sense.
- Ether/Voice- communication, truth, manifesting, expression, voice.
- Air- love, unity of chakras, forgiving, accepting, compassion, self-love.
- Fire- achieving, ideas, self-esteem, power, confidence, extroversion.
- Water- sexuality, creativity, relationships, reflective, be yourself.
- Earth- grounding, survival, materialism, foundation, home, health.
- * Aura: The significator, you as a whole.
- A Past: Who or what caused [or is causing] the chakra’s current state.
- B Present: The chakra whether balanced, imbalanced, or damaged.
- C Future: Actions to perform on how to remedy or maintain the chakra.
- D Summary: Long-term outcome for remedial or maintenance actions.
The benefits of using this spread
- Superimpose a main theme over the connection such as love, work, family, acquaintances, strangers, or partnerships. This will apply to experiences with that person involving the theme, #5, #9, and soul journey cards will be influenced by the theme.
- Understand another person’s perspective that you might be missing out on due to anger or confusion.
- Figure out which main perspective of yours created the way you feel about someone.
- See exactly how that person views you and why they do.
- Decide if a relationship is worth it or not to continue being friends/lovers, etc.
- Get some steam off your chest before approaching someone.
- Figure how to repair a relationship that you’re not yet ready to exit.
- Feel confident and righteous in your decision to leave a bad, fake, unhealthy, or unproductive relationship/friendship with someone.
- If you feel lost about a particular card or the situation, don’t hesitate to pull clarity cards, they will offer a depth and dynamic.
- Theme: Work
- Background: I quit a job yet I’m still in contact with an ex-coworker through a social network medium such as Facebook. Should I stop communicating with this person, why or why not?
- 8 Cups Rvs- It’s time to move on, the major lesson here was to learn when to quit a relationship when it no longer benefits you. Both should take into consideration what was good and keep those memories.
- 9 Pentacles- It was a great relationship in work, but there was never any desire to further a friendship beyond it.
- Ace Wands Rvs- They’re not an evil person for feeling this way. It’s neither right nor wrong, it just is. The fact is that there was never really any major attraction for friendship; This relates back to the 9 of Pentacles.
- 9 Cups Rvs- From the occurrences at work. He was a decent friend to me given the card, but again, it goes back to the fact that he’s not jumping up for glee to further the friendship.
- Pentacle Queen- This card relates to me in spreads actually, so the major lesson here is that he just witnessed a different type of person (queen of pentacles meanings) and I think who I am had touched him.
- 10 Pentacles Rvs- He was a great friend in-work and taught me a few things that will benefit me, also that he won’t stay long in my life whether I choose not to divide or not given the reversal of the ‘legacy’ card.
- Hierophant Rvs- It is what it is, me quitting did not affect his view of me I feel, that no one influenced him to feel the way he did, given the nature of traditions and the reversal. I felt all this, which is why I don’t see him so negatively.
- 5 Wands Rvs- There was a lot of opposition and fighting at work which led to my quitting, so I wondered how our friendship would sustain.
- 6 Pentacles Rvs- I gained a lot of nice experience from his mentoring at work, but I also will understand when to express my knowledge, too. Receive but give also. When to be open, but to cut that off when your own intuition must come out.
- Strength- Not really going anywhere, but you can remain in contact but it won’t really evolve further.
- 9 Swords Rvs- No real contact after that, both will not seek each other out.
- Death Rvs- No real need to stay friends, it’s not going anywhere.
Tea is about elegance and discussion. Allow communication and self-expression to guide you through all situations whether internal or vocalized. Sometimes tea is about slowing down from the busy life at hand and focusing on the finer aspects. When this card comes up in a spread, the main theme is understanding the other point of view and as water goes, it deals with the emotions totally. Have you been honest with yourself or others, have you expressed your feelings lately, do you currently need love but can’t find it? Express, ask, speak, know, understand, be aware. ~ Cedargrass Oracle
Hey, everyone! If you like this blog and would love to support me in my endeavors to manifest this dream into reality, please like Cedargrass Oracle’s facebook page!
Anyone interested in doing swaps, trades, receiving readings for payments, or inquiring upon almost any subject regarding the occult and new age realm, email me at cedargrassoracle (at) gmail (dot) com.
Several days ago, I had posted a thank you to reaching 100 followers, but since only one person has responded and it has been several days, the rules have been changed for Cedargrass’s 100 followers accomplishment. Stone tossing, self-made runes, tea leaf reading, tarot, or oracle will be done.
These will either be intuitive or a spread of 16 cards, it’s your choice! It is by this type of thanks to everyone who has followed Cedargrass, for it has provided inspiration and motivation for not only myself, but also others, and has served as an outlet for creative and productive communication, expression, and growth.
The first ten people (before or by September 21) who will receive free life readings should send me a message at cedargrassoracle (at) gmail (dot) com to redeem.
Good luck and thanks!
I have quite a few concepts already on the oracle cards. Here are three examples, which I’m using in a spread. I’m so excited to be making these! Can’t wait to send them to the printer and use them. ♥ :)
- Geraniums- True friendship, peace, fondness, enjoyment, positive intentions, softness, healing, abundance, enrichment,
- The Cemetery- The dead, afterlife, resting, other realm, ending, rebirth, salvation, change, remorse, forgiveness, funerary, guidance beyond,
- The Wish- Dreams, aspirations, hopes, desires, will power, motivation, determination, effort, energy, manifestation, work,
Perhaps I would say, “You lost a loved one who was very dear and close to you. Your biggest hope is to know that they are doing well in the afterlife. Well, they are perfectly well and happy, but your loved one is much more so concerned about your well-being. Continue your life and have happiness in knowing they are with you when you need it most and they are having a blast up there. :)”
I’ve recently begun a dream project of mine that I’ve been fantasizing about for a few years now. In the Winter of 2011, I began working on my own fast-paced family card game, called Producio. I had sketched, drawn, and cut the entire game out of index card stock as a pre-conceptual prototype. It was playable and my friends and I loved it, but as I was playing and learning how to use www.thegamecrafter.com with Producio, I had secretly desired to create my own Tarot/Oracle deck of cards using symbols, meanings, concepts, poetry, omens, and things that have always had meaning for my path. These cards I felt would be used personally and I would also be joyed printing and selling them.
Just last night and partly today, I finished my first conceptual design. I’d love to know what everyone thought about my project and if they had any motivating feedback for me! I want to finish this, but at times, I depress from my dreams due to life’s many stresses and a lack of support and motivation at times.
As you can see, the backing was inspired by my Tumblr background!
I have quite a few novel ideas brewing in the basement of my mind about these cards already. I’m initiating to form a pact with my Akashic Records soon to work exclusively with my dreams for inspiration, just like how the true artists of yesteryear have done, but I’m also going to rely on my conscious thinking to contribute.
I’m also hoping to employ a more-balanced style art-wise. I’ve been playing with my photography, but I find it’s going to be a feat to balance out that very realistic style with the illustrated style of the card backing. My biggest fear is focusing on the quantity (anywhere between 30-100 cards, I hope) but forgetting the quality, like in ‘The Mire,’ the art is over-edited. Despite these challenges, I know I want it to be my own photography and graphic editing. The art would be inspired by 100 percent Michigan lands, cities, and places as a means to support the natural beauty and locality of this wonderful, but commonly overlooked state.
A couple years ago, I made pixel tarot cards for a game that I played. I loved them then and I continue to now, but they’re only a dozen or so pixels big.
The wonderful thing about this project is that it’s in its earliest stage of creation, so I have some time to come up with a chosen concept. This is my first concept for just a day’s time, which really thrills me because I’m normally more procrastinating because I often fear I can’t reproduce what my mind is envisioning. If I keep up this pace, I’ll be able to enter NaNoWriMo this November. I’m sure that with this concept, it’ll all probably change very soon. That’s how I roll.
The theme was going to have a natural angle and the main idea with these cards is to leave it as completely intuitive as possible while still being able to structure them in card spreads. I have an idea how I’m going to accomplish this, but I’ll leave that out for now. ;) With all of the cards that I’m hoping to produce, I’m sure it will be fairly accommodating to any psychic. The only requirement would be that my card art pleased the eye of those who wished to use them.
Well, wish me the best of fortune in my endeavors and I hope to have the diligence, patience, motivation, time, and energy to dedicate to one of my dreams.
The Eye of Horus
Created this spread on a train to Boston about 4 years ago. I’ve used it for evaluating relationships of love, friendships, classmates, and those in opposing view sides for clarity on both ends.
A tarot card spread of my own creation, this I use in my professional readings at holistic fairs, expos, and shows. Deeper meanings from the spread can be extracted by comparing parallel cards diagonally, horizontally, and vertically. You can also read across rows, even down the columns in a story form from top to bottom. This spread is one of my favorites, one because I created it and it’s much more personal for me, but also because it encompasses so much.
I would say that an average reading time is approximately 15-20 minutes.
With this spread, I’ve accurately predicted (by the testimony and word of my clients) financial calamity due to potentially being laid off, the type of woman a man would meet, a blackmail situation regarding a coworker, the finalization and foregoing of a divorce, one’s current mental-emotional embodiment, relationship patterns, messages from diseased relatives and loved ones, and more.
I do believe that this spread was a gift to me from the Akasha, and I feel more than happy to share it with you all. The best way to use it is by applying a trinity concept to the emotional, physical, and spiritual, for it is the physical and emotional which makes up the spiritual, and vice-versa.